SMT can run high engagement tailored trainings online for networks of groups. Tailored trainings combine SMT staff expertise with peer-to-peer learning and relationship-building within the particular network. And online makes it more cost-effective.
A few examples of customized trainings SMT has run:
- In partnership with the North Carolina AFL-CIO, SMT ran a 7-session Twitter Power Academy for 50+ progressive groups and unions from across the state, expanding Twitter proficiency, followership and activism.
- A customized series to boost end-of-year online fundraising, and a series covering key topics in digital campaigning for groups working against mass incarceration
- A tailored training on A.I. for a coalition of climate groups
- A series on narrative, storytelling and how to measure impact, for a gender justice/sex education coalition of groups across Latin America organized by Amnesty
- A series on Twitter for groups in the Peruvian Amazon working to protect the forest
- A series on ramping up online, for native rights groups across the U.S.
- Several series tailored to meet the needs of grantees of specific funders
For ideas of some of the topics SMT can train on, please visit the 150+ hour recordings library.
Depending on the topic, instructors are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic and Tagalog. SMT has a language team for translation of slides and simultaneous interpretation and can provide subtitles on recordings in a range of languages.
If you’d like to discuss your network’s training needs, email us.
SMT was really responsive to my questions and needs, and to customizing a training that met those needs. We had a collaborative relationship of understanding each other's needs and expertise, agreeing on outcomes and approach, and developing content.