2-3:30 pm EST (New York) | 1-2:30 am (Centroamerica & CDMX) | 2-3:30 pm (Bogotá) | 3-4:30 pm (Brasilia)
As the most used app globally, organizers across Latin America and other regions of the world are using WhatsApp in creative ways to build people power.
Learn how campaigners are using WhatsApp to build and win campaigns for change:
- What WhatsApp is best for
- Using broadcast lists versus groups, and upcoming changes to groups
- Building and managing a team of WhatsApp group volunteers
- Managing multiple groups, and making it easy to join them
- WhatsApp communities and how to use them for organizing
- Designing content to drive sharing and action-taking
- WhatsApp for fundraising
- Missed call campaigns
- Calls to action that work
- A low-cost tool for organizing groups to do mass personalized messaging to a list of WhatsApp users
- Comparison of tools to manage messaging for larger campaigns
- When a WhatsApp chatbot might be useful, how they work and what they cost
- Developments in multi-admin access and how to manage one account across a team
- How to manage risk, especially under state-sponsored surveillance and when to use Telegram or Signal instead
These 90-minute sessions will be full of real campaign examples. They are designed to deepen the skill level of activists and campaigners who have only used WhatsApp on a personal level, as well as those who have quite a bit of experience using them in campaigns.
Sessions will be in Spanish, with simultaneous interpretation to Portuguese. Recordings will be subtitled in these languages as well.