Fundraising to Support our Movements in the Digital Age
Raising the money we need from our community and allies
Need to raise more money from your supporter base? If so, this training series is for you. Foundation funding can be helpful, but can also be hard to access, fickle and limiting. It takes resources to organize. Join this series to ramp up your ability to build sustainable support from within your community and its allies.
This series is designed to meet the needs of activists who are building from scratch, as well as staff of organizations looking to correct an over-reliance on foundation funding.
Here’s what we’ll cover
- How to build a grassroots funding base that grows year to year, that we control
- What works to raise the money we need: donor segmentation; setup, implementation and training staff and leaders for 1:1 campaigns, special considerations for peer-to-peer campaigns and crowdfunding, identifying fundraising moments before, during and after campaign moments
- Crafting the fundraising pitch and narrative. You’ll be given an assignment and we’ll provide feedback on some of the submitted pitches.
- Story of self, us and now, and why that’s so important. You’ll be given an assignment and we’ll provide feedback on some of the submitted stories.
- How to best use digital tools and tactics, and what to avoid
- Using fundraising email and evaluating the best use for it given your list size and qualities
- When events make sense for small organizations or activist groups, and regardless of your organization’s size, how to craft them to be less work and more community-building
- Practice and plan in breakouts
- Specific examples of groups doing effective grassroots fundraising will be shared. If you have successes to share, please contact us.
Offered primarily in English (with simultaneous interpretation in French, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic)
June 21, 23, 28
4pm Kampala, Palestine | 3pm Paris | 9am NYC | 6:30pm Mumbai | 8pm Bangkok
Western Europe and North America
$180 First person ($90 per person if referred by an Outreach Partner after forwarding mass email)
Additional registrants from same organization $90 per person
$1200 Group rate for up to 10 people from different organizations
Rest of world
Activists and staff of organization with budget of over USD $500,000/year:
$90 First person, additional registrants from same organization $45 per person
Activists and staff from organization with budget of less than USD $500,000/year:
$20 per person early bird through May 23rd
$40 After May 23rd: ($20 if referred by an Outreach Partner) after forwarding mass email)
Payment is by credit card below, which includes a 4% fee. Contact us if you are paying at least $600 in registration fees and you’d like an invoice for payment by bank transfer (no fee). If paying for someone else or multiple people, please explain in the “Note” field.
After payment you will receive an email with the Zoom registration link. This can be shared with others who have been paid for.