12:00 – 1:30pm (ET) | 90 minute session | Instruction in English, simultaneous interpretation in response to demand | Find your time zone here→ See all of SMT’s Upcoming Labor Movement Support
Whether it’s a local school board or a global corporation, we know that for a target to give workers what they need, we have to make it more painful for them not to. In this session we walk through the steps to power map your target to ramp up your campaign strategically where you have the most leverage. Then we use a real example of a union campaign to illustrate a range of online/offline tactics and how they can be used to create “surround sound” around targets and secondary targets so they just want to make it stop.
What we’ll cover:
- Power mapping your target to identify strategic points of leverage
- Assessing online vulnerabilities and opportunities
- Powerful narratives that may not be the union narrative
- Making the most of offline actions with digital tactics
- Layered tactics to create “surround sound” at key moments
- Escalation approaches with combinations of online and offline tactics
- Timeline, staffing needs and budgeting for smaller and larger campaigns
- North America & Western Europe: $60
- Global: $30
In order to support a movement organization learning space, SMT trainings are for staff of non-profits – NGOs, unions and electoral campaigns. Trainings are not for consultants or agencies. Consultants & agency staff who register will have their registrations refunded. Alternatively, on demand trainings are available to all on SMT’s course platform.